It is our intention to make this playgroup accessible to children from the local community.
In order to accomplish this we will:-
- Regularly ensure that the existence of the playgroup is known in the area;
- Promote the playgroup as welcoming to families i.e. mothers, fathers, Carers and relatives;
- Promote our equal opportunities standards;
- Consult parents regularly to ensure that the playgroup continues to meet the changing needs of the local community;
- Be as flexible as possible regarding attendance patterns / sessions to ensure we accommodate the needs of individual families;
In the first instance we will admit children in date of birth order;
In the event of over-subscription priority will be given to families within surrounding villages where no other pre-school playgroup provision exists;
Sessions will not be allocated until a fully completed Registration Form is received by playgroup;
The cut off date for receipt of registration forms will be the half term in the term before the child is due to start at playgroup i.e. – if a child is due to start in January, the registration form would be required by the October half term (last day) – early submission does not guarantee a place:
Once written confirmation of sessions has been provided by playgroup, changes will only be accommodated in exceptional circumstances.